Stingrays Employment Opportunities
Reports To: Sr. VP of Sales and Sponsorships
The Merchandise Manager manages the purchasing, and inventory levels of the merchandise departments for the team. Must develop annual/future marketing, advertising and sales plans as well as be responsible for managing all business aspects of the department.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years sales experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and develop leads as required.
Functions: Year Round:
- Prepares annual sales and expense budget. Monitors expense side of the budget in relation to sales.
- Plans annual purchases, and weekly purchases.
- Develops new licensing opportunities for South Carolina Stingrays.
- Solicits new business through free digital marketing for team website.
- Oversees annual inventory counts in conjunction with auditors.
- Oversees random inventory counts.
- Manages inventory level to balance the investment in inventory with optimizing full margin sales.
- Monitors the latest merchandise trends.
- Oversees retail associates.
- Monitors and manages point of sale systems.
- Interacts with ticket department & corporate sales to develop new sales opportunities.
- Continues to develop web store and online sales opportunities.
- Maximizes floor plan in arena merchandise location.
- Constantly seeks new retail opportunities.
- Develops annual marketing and sales strategic plan.
- Evaluate revenue and unit #s by product category and SKU, as well as opening and final margin by SKU.
Functions: Game Day
- Meets with staff daily to discuss previous’ games sales, store layout, items to push, etc.
- Full time
- During the season hours may range from 10 to 14 hours per day.
- May be required to lift and carry boxes up to 100 pounds.
To apply, contact Derek at [email protected]
North Charleston Coliseum Employment Opportunities
The North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center are currently accepting applications for part-time positions including Guest Services/Usher, Ticket Seller, Custodial, and Changeover.
A full list of openings is available on their website along with job descriptions and a link to the online application process.